Thursday, January 20, 2011

Throwing caution to the wind


So as promised here’s some of what I’ve been working on. Staying true to form, I have several pieces on the go right now since I get bored easily.  ;)

I'm just going to post one since I have several shots of another and not a great deal of time to do this post. This one is actually an experimental piece in that the support I’m using is Masonite that’s been gessoed. I’ve tackled this particular subject before but I used oils and it was many years ago. I liked the image a lot but wasn’t quite sure if I was ready to try it in cp’s and what support I should use. Far be it from me to do anything easily so I figured why not make this as difficult for myself as possible and not only re-create the subject in cp's but also on a support I’ve never used before.


 Untitled
Coloured pencil on masonite
Copyright Rita Woodburne


So there she is in all her work-in-progress glory.
It's supposed to be the temperature of Hell freezing over this weekend (and by that I mean not even the dogs want to stay outside) so I'm planning on doing a lot of indoor activities such as art, reading and removing the hideous border wallpaper from our kitchen.

In my next post I'll have some pics of the other piece I've been working on and, if I'm brave enough and the wallpaper doesn't give me too much trouble in its removal, some updates to this piece as well.

I guess I could include the kitchen as a work-in-progress as well...

3 comments:

Ann said...

I like the texture on this. I will be interested on where you take it. It's wonderful so far! And yep, updating a kitchen is definitely a work in progress too. Have fun with the wallpaper!

Rita said...

Thanks Ann!

I'm looking forward to getting it done and seeing what the final result will be. I can think of other things I'd like to try with the support but I think one thing at a time... ;)

Unknown said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 19 kilos lighter than we do.

(Just so you know, it is not about genetics or some secret diet and absolutely EVERYTHING about "HOW" they are eating.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

Click this link to reveal if this short test can help you unlock your true weight loss potential