Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Joys of the Season...

Back again for another posting and to share some art. Before I get started though I would like to wish our neighbours South of the border and very happy Turkey Day!

"Pieces of Autumn" ACEO
Coloured pencil on Mi-Teintes
Copyright Rita Woodburne



So despite the warmer weather things around here are starting to get Christmas-y. I've done some decorating outside and this week-end the tree will be going up and all the other little holiday knick-knacks will be making their yearly appearance. Even with the joy and festivity surrounding holiday decorating though there is one gripe that I simply must get out of my system: Christmas tree lights.

Why is it that from one year to the next I cannot have each strand light up again? There always has to be that one trouble-making bulb in the middle of the strand that has to go out and then I have to spend about an hour of my life that I will never get back again trying to find the little bugger and replace it.
While this is happening, the cat if watching the strand of lights wriggle around on the floor and decides that the best thing to do is attack the strand of lights (while still plugged into the outlet, I might add) at which point I am forced to drop the lights and shoo the cat away. This in turn gets the dogs wound up and as they chase the cat around the house they race close to a box of glass ornaments that teeters precariously on the edge of the sofa. They have muddy feet from being outside so, of course, now I'm yelling at them to stop chasing the cat while at the same time cursing the fact that I'm going to have to mop the floor from one end of the house to the other.

Oh, those damn Christmas tree lights. Always causing problems.

"Before and After" ACEO
Coloured pencil on Mi-Teintes

Copyright Rita Woodburne


Anyway, I look forward to the fun and frivolity of decorating the tree this week-end, I'm sure it will be an adventure.

On a blogger- related note I have turned the comment mods off since I'm hoping a suitable amount of time has passed to discourage people from countries I have yet to visit from posting naughty links in the comments. So feel free to comment away.

Again, a happy Thanksgiving to folks in the USA... stuff yourselves with turkey for me! :)

No comments: