Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Just Need A Little Nudge

How I spent my Monday Afternoon...


So it's almost Friday and when the week-end rolls around it'll be time for working on some more art and, hopefully, posting more works.

Lately it's been difficult to get art done because, as many of you know, life tends to get in the way of doing fun and enjoyable things and, as I mentioned in my previous post, because of the weather.

I hate to say this given the lousy Summer we had, but I'm kind of wishing we would have a rainy day or, even better, a snow day. While I generally enjoy getting outside in the cooler weather, for the most part this time of year always feels like a time to hibernate indoors and (for me anyway) work on oodles of art. Small pieces, big pieces, still life's, equestrian pieces or even reading some art history books. I've started on some pieces, the WIP's I'm planning on posting soon, and even started re-reading one of my art history books from university.

"Dramapple" ACEO
Coloured pencil on Mi-Teintes
Copyright Rita Woodburne


It's all very good and well, but I think I need that little kick from Mother Nature where she says: "Hey! Look at what I brought you... a snowstorm! Go ahead, stay inside and drink ridiculous amounts of hot chocolate and play with your coloured pencils. Have fun!

Oh, and tell your husband to get the snowblower warmed up because this one's going to be a doozy!"

Yup, that's what I need. And to remind the Other Half to get the snowblower tuned up. :p


Back this week-end with more art!

No comments: