Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wolf WIP

A yet unnamed wolf piece, work in progress
Copyright Rita Woodburne


Welcome back, dear reader! So today I'm posting another WIP (work in progress) of another Arctic wolf as a companion piece to the two other wolf pieces I have. The other reason I'm doing this is because just the other day I received my invite back to the Bon Echo 2008 art show and since it's a Canadian wildlife/ nature themed show I figured I'd better get another wildlife piece done while I'm feeling in the mood to do one.

As you can see from above all I'm showing at this point is my line drawing and some filling in. As I've stated before, when doing any type of piece that involves an animal (humans included) I always make sure to get the eye done first. The eye for this one is in, but not totally done, there's going to be some tweaking as I get further into the piece.
I'm happy to be doing this one because, like my other Arctic wolf piece, I'm not going to have any "background angst" with this one. It's on black paper. It's a white wolf. It looks classic and that's the way it's going to stay. I love it when I can do a piece like this.

So that's where this one is right now and next week I'll have more to post on it with a bit more detail concerning what colours I'm using and all that other nitty gritty fun stuff. Right now I'm getting ready for the show I'm in this week-end for the Tyendinaga Library's 'Art for Literacy' program. If you happen to be in the area be sure to stop by and say 'Hi' and buy some art to help out the library in purchasing more books and also because I need to buy more band-aids from cutting my own matting.

To all the Americans out there have a super Thanksgiving and be sure to eat some turkey and stuffing for me. Back on Friday with nonsense, keep on art-ing!

No comments: