Wednesday, January 10, 2007

We demand evidence!!

"A Quick Pose" ACEO can be bid on here.


Hello dear reader. So you want evidence of the "gallery"...or rather you want evidence that I am capable of manual labour. Well, there it is. Me weilding a paint roller attached to a pole so I can paint the ceiling. I don't look impressed, do I?
I was congested that day and in an attempt to breathe I had to use my mouth in place of my nose (ah, the shortcomings of being a land- dwelling creature). What that also meant was that while splattering paint across the ceiling I had my mouth open. So, by the time the ceiling was done and this picture was taken I had consumed approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of ceiling paint...enough to make you sick but not enough to kill you. I had also ingested an undetermined amount of plaster dust...but that's another matter altogether.

So as I sit and write this the furniture is still in a mish-mashed pile in the middle of the room but the walls are done. 'Done' I say!! And I'm still unsure as to whether or not the paint fumes are affecting me. My back and knees are killing me but the walls no longer look like a patched up piece of swiss cheese and are a colour that doesn't smack of "builder beige" (new home owners, you know what colour I'm talking about).

Oddly enough I still have yet to pick out a name for my gallery space. I still have time to decide though since I still have trim to paint and furniture to re-arrange. So, dear reader, if you have any witty names/ ideas or even if you just have the need to post a comment please do so. I'd love to read it. See you on friday with more finalized pictures of the yet- to- be- named gallery!

No comments: