Monday, January 15, 2007

A Slight Blip

"Reach For It" ACEO can be bid on here.

Greetings and Salutations dear reader ("hello" was getting tired). So as is the way in my little universe things did not unfold as planned this week-end and the gallery is still on hiatus. My other half tried to put a screw through one of the rails he made to hang my artwork and the wood split. It was older wood...and very dry. I'll spare you the technical details of all this wood-working stuff (it was explained to me and I'll be fanangled if I can remember it all) but it was not going to work. So I'll have to resort to Plan B. Plan B will work, I know it will.

So above you'll notice another of my Workday Paintings, an ACEO of one of Mother Nature's most fabulous creations, the horse. He's scratching himself, a boring act in and of itself but when a horse does it it becomes a thing of beauty. Look at the mane, that neck, those shoulder muscles. Fantastic!
Okay, maybe I'm idealizing it a bit but for anyone that's ever spent any time around these animals you know what I mean. They even fart with dignity and magnificence. In fact, I daresay that the only thing a horse doesn't do with grandeur is yawn. They dislocate their jaw, stick out and twist their gigantic tongue and their eyes roll around in their head like the little letter blocks in Boggle. It's not dignified but boy is it ever funny to look at. If you don't believe me have a look at my horse, Al, who normally looks all regal and magnificent like the horse in my art. However, being the reliable fellow that he is he will time and time again work to prove me correct. Thanks Al!


PS- I apologize for the picture quality. Photographing a horse mid-yawn is a timed event and you must be ready and take what you get...bad lighting and all.

No comments: