Saturday, January 27, 2007

As Seen On TV


"How Much is That Kitty...(in the Window)" ACEO can be bid on here.

So, you're back? I suppose you're wondering what stories I have to share with you? Well, without further delay I'll just get right into it...

So yesterday in the mail I received an AVON catalogue and on the front of it they were advertising their new "As Seen On TV" lip plumping product. "Better than injections!" The ad touted. I'd like to note that I think just about anything is better than someone jabbing my mouth with a needle but perhaps that's just me.
With this ad there was one of those peel away thingys that has some of the product underneath that you can try in order to become horribly addicted to it. It's too bad they don't do that with ads for cake or chocolate or vintage wine, isn't it? Anyway, this was a two step process so having an extra 5 minutes to spare and not being able to find anything else to amuse myself with I decided to try it. After all, the gal in the ad had "soft, supple lips", why couldn't I? So I applied the product for the first step and then the product for the second step. I waited. Nothing happened except I could detect the faint aroma of menthol.
I'm not really sure what I expected to happen. Maybe I thought that Angelina Jolie's mouth would somehow appear on my face in place of my own mouth but alas, it did not. What have I learned from this? Nothing, except that free samples from AVON aren't the most entertaining way to amuse yourself on a Friday afternoon.

Before I sign off for the week-end, dear reader, I'd like to share with you another interesting tidbit. I was listening to the local radio station and they were playing the Impossible Trivia game which I've mentioned in a post from way back when. The question for yesterday was "Where do 16% of people hide their extra money?" Some answers (although incorrect) were: under the mattress, in a Bible, in the attic, in your sock, under the carpet, in your underwear drawer and in the medicine cabinet. The correct answer to this pressing question is that 16% of people said they hide their extra money in the refrigerator. Yup, you read that right. My first question is who are these people that have extra money in the first place? My second question is where exactly in a refrigerator does one hide something? I mean, it's not exactly a complex maze of labyrinths in there. If you'll excuse me now I have to go map out the inside of my fridge in search of buried treasure.

No comments: