Friday, December 08, 2006

It's outta my hands

Hello dear reader. What can I say? I do love a good apple. The Bowl of Grannies can be bid on here and the Cortland can be bid on here.

So it's friday and I've completed my first official week of my Workday Paintings. I'm on a roll too because I've got ideas in my head that are just bursting at the seam to get out so if I get ahead of myself from time to time please bear with me...it's just the erratic behaviour of an artist. Lots of ideas..I'm so excited!! My first week has also taught me that I need to do what I "feel" I need to do in terms of art and my subject matter. I won't elaborate because, far be it from me to ruin a good touchy- feely, open-ended artist's revelation. You'll just have to stick with me to find out what the heck I'm talking about.

On another, but vaguely related, note I'm feeling particularly Christmasy because 1- we had some snow this week that actually stuck, 2- it's colder than all bejeezus and 3- they're playing Christmas songs on the local radio station. There's nothing quite like hearing the Red Hot Chili Peppers's "Dani California" and Elton John's "Island Girl" broken up by the Barenaked Ladies rendition of "Good King Wenceslas"...gotta love the musical melting pot that is Belleville.

With that I leave you for the week-end dear reader. I have commissions to complete and ideas to work out. On Monday I suspect you will find something of a Holiday nature gracing this blog and I hope you'll find it just as appealing as my previous work. Enjoy the week-end!

No comments: