Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Not slacking...

Oh dear reader, you are so patient with me. I have no update on my landscape picture but, for a good reason! My brother is moving to Boston this week-end (about a week earlier than planned) and I spent yesterday cleaning a spot for him to store his things which today turned into a larger spot than had been originally planned. It's all for a good cause...
I've also been busy getting ready for my art show this week-end trying to sand and paint the new displays that the other half built for me. The displays that you may (or may not) have seen back in September are heavier than all get out and since the other half has to stay at the house this week-end and I need to transport everything myself, well, a new plan was in order. Not only are these displays one-person friendly but they also fit in the truck, a trait that the other displays didn't posess.

In place of the landscape I'm sharing with you the next ACEO that I'll be listing for auction on eBay. This piece was particularly interesting to do because it's on the sanded pastel paper that I'm infatuated with and to get details at this size is difficult enough, let alone when you're working on sanded paper. It's simply been titled "Roan" and is of a horse I snapped several photos of at an Agricultural Fair I attended not too long ago. He was quite the funny fellow, maybe 16 hands (which is pretty darn tall for those of you that are unfamiliar with horse measurements) and his rider looked to be maybe a whole 5' 4". Quite the pair they made!

So, I'm not slacking dear reader and, quite frankly with how busy it's been over the past week and a half I kinda wish I was. Just gotta keep truckin' a bit longer...

No comments: