Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I need candy

Hello dear reader. In case you're wondering, yes, this is another ACEO by yours truly. You can bid on it here, go crazy and splurge, you deserve it.

The title for today? Yes, I need candy (who doesn't, really?) Have you ever had one of those days where no matter how well you slept the night before and how "easily" you take the day ("Take it easy", what the heck does that mean??) you still feel like curling up in a corner with a blanket and having a nap? Today was one of those days for me and, gosh darnit, I just didn't have the time to nap. There were groceries to be purchased, cars to drop off, laundry to do, dishes to be cleaned, banking to be taken care of, barns to clean, animals to be fed, commissions to be worked on and somewhere in the chaos that was my day I still had to find time to feed myself and go to the bathroom!
The days events hit me like a sack of Yukon Gold potatoes while I was in the grocery store trying to decide whether to buy montreal smoked meat or roast beef...I'm hungry, desperately hungry. Now I know what you're thinking. Rita, get a grip, you're in a grocery store, of course you're hungry. I was hungry alright, and strangely dizzy, tired and eyeballing a bag of cheese curds like it was my last salvation (although I do that every time I see cheese curds). Anyway, I finished up quickly and made my way to the check-out and grabbed a chocolate bar while the cashier was putting my things through the register. After paying I put my groceries in the car and sat there devouring an O'Henry bar in what I suspect would've rivalled a Guinness book world record for chocolate bar eating, if such a thing exists. Then, I almost magically felt better.

Now, this has occured the past 2 weeks always at the same time of day. The most I can glean from this is that 1- I'm not eating a balanced breakfast, the most important meal of the day kids, or 2- I need to eat an O'Henry bar every day at 10:30 in the morning. I'm going to lean towards deduction #2...I can just feel I'm right on with this one...

No comments: