Monday, October 02, 2006

Purple, then black... then more purple

So finally, dear reader, an update on my little purple horse of wonder. Nothing major, some more tweaking and more darkening.

I have to confess that I am just giddy with excitement over now having an actual studio space to work in with...wait for it now...sunlight! The purple horse, unlike in the other pictures is actually true to colour as I took this pic this morning right on my drawing table. How's that for convenience?
The bad news? I've hit another background block. What is it with me, horses and backgrounds? I'm thinking I might go a bit abstract with this one since the horse itself is looking a bit wildly coloured. I think the purple horse may sit for awhile.

On more art related news I have several commissions I now have to hustle to get done. In my usual procrastinating nature I have throw caution (and apparently common sense) to the wind and decided to leave them until now. Why is this sheer madness? Because next month I also have my guest artist spot and I have a Christmas gift/ art show that I am scheduled to attend. I've said it before and I'll say it again: "I work best under pressure." The only caveat is that I sacrifice my sanity in the process...minor detail.

On the eBay front all is still going well. I am going to be listing my lioness ACEO tonight, for anyone that's interested, and I'll be listing another ACEO tomorrow as well. I've almost completed another one of a horse and I think I may do a few more horse ACEO's. This isn't because they're selling per se (I haven't even listed any of mine so I really can't say) but because I find I'm having a bugger of a time trying to do a horse on such a small scale. Since the gauntlet has been thrown down, by myself no less, I must rise to the challenge and hone my teeny-weeny horse drawing skills. Can you guess what my update for wednesday will be...

No comments: