Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oh, the agony!


It's just a background...that's what I keep telling myself. But the work that goes into the background is just as important as the subject itself because an overworked or a crappy background can make or break a picture.
That said, I just looked at a reference picture sitting right here on my desk and had an idea on how I may be able to pull this off but let's not be too hasty.
So here's the wee horsey. The horse itself is pretty much done aside from minor tweaking here and there. The background is what needs to be pulled off and then on Saturday it's off to it's new home. I have to say that I really like how this horse came out, being a chestnut and all, and I also realized something as I was in the process of completing this work. What was it? Well, I came to see some of what would be deemed as part of my drawing "style". It happened after I took a moment to review some of the work I've done this past year and, more specifically, some of the work I've done as of late. There is a method and technique that I seem to be using every time creating an appearance to my work that, to me anyway, is consistent from one piece to the next. So I guess I'm developing my style...or refining it. Either way I'm starting to notice consistency which is always a good thing.

My next update will probably be on friday and then I can't vouch for what will happen next week because of "the big show". I'm still trying to get stuff prepared and figure out what the heck I'm going to display my work on. The other half will probably be spending this week-end rigging something up for me...and I'm sure that's how he wants to spend his week-end. Oh well, the things we do for the ones we love...

No comments: