Sunday, June 04, 2006

Time for the reject to shine


Hello dear reader. So tomorrow I need to drop off my two pictures for the art show that I wasn't notified about due to the diligence of the person responsible for making sure that the members of a certain art association as informed. Apparently they assumed that my fantastic powers of insight and non-verbal communication were at an all-time high and that I would simply find out that way. Alas, my powers have been stripped from me and I have to revert to mere mortal forms of communication.
At any rate I did find out and I did contact them and I did pay my entry fee so therefore I get to submit my work. What work am I submitting? Glad you asked. I'm submitting my juried show reject work which is above and another work which I haven't bothered to re-size yet so unfortunately you'll just have to wait to see it...or go to the Belleville Art Association and see it there!
Also worth noting is that in true form I have once again bitten off more than I can chew and find myself as a guest artist in a group show at a gallery/ gift store located in Bon Echo Provincial Park which is about 45 minutes north of where I live. It's an awesome park, one that I highly recommend visiting, and apparently much like the show they're hosting there that yours truly is to be a part of at the end of July, this gallery/ store features some pretty spiffy artists as well.
Whoops! I forgot about my banana bread. Excuse me for a moment.
Okay, all is well with the banana bread...back to my inane babbling...
As I was saying, there will be spiffy artists and it gives me a chance to size up the other work that will be there as well as whether or not my prices are way off.
Last week I sold another original work. I must say that there's something entirely more satisfying about selling an original work as opposed to doing a commission for someone. I guess it just reiterates that my ideas aren't entirely cracked.
Anyway, I will (hopefully) update this again later in the week preferably with good news rather than something like "...my artwork was stolen and burned in effigy." That would be bad, very bad.

No comments: