Saturday, June 24, 2006

More of my WIP

So here's "Windy" getting past that ugly stage. I've done more on it but this is the update you're going to have to settle for. There's clearly much more to do like figure out how to make that unsightly bulge on the left side of poor "Windy"'s face look more natural. Horses have very round and pronounced cheeks (must be from all that exercise eating) and generally don't translate well into face shots that are directly from the front. Alas, that is what I've chosen to do.
Oh, I should also note that I lied. The Colourfix paper colour I'm using is not aubergine and is, in fact, burgundy. A tragic oversight on my part, I'm sure, but you'll just have to pick up the pieces and move on.
As you may or may not be able to see I've gone a little crazy with colour in this piece. I have to say I like it, I like it a lot. That said this type of rabid application of colour wouldn't work on everything but for this particular work I'm quite okay with it.
I probably won't do another update this week-end as there are family events to tend to and I have a few works that have been *ahem* neglected that need to be taken care of. So, dear reader, be patient and I will be sure to share more with you early next week. Enjoy your week-end!

No comments: