Saturday, April 29, 2006

Woe is me...


So I got the call yesterday afternoon, neither one of my pieces got accepted into the show and I am to pick them up on Monday between 10-12. *Sigh*
Actually, it really doesn't matter that I didn't get in. I got way too anxious over this show and I still can't figure out why. It was an art and craft show as well and I don't really like the idea of art, that is drawings, paintings and sculptures, being lumped in with crafts (quit waving your fists at me and yelling obscenities you silly crafters, you!) Also, they wanted to take a fairly large commission chunk so perhaps it's for the better. Yes, that's how I'm going to rationalize it and make myself feel better.
So, now it's on to the mad dash to get the art done for the Pet Wellness show coming up next Saturday. I think that should be promising because people looooove their pets (I think I heard them referred to as "fur kids" once). Pet people are an entirely different breed of crazy, myself included. That said, the pic above is of my Australian Shepherd, Rosebud, or as I like to call her 'Nublin' or 'Puppa' or 'BeeBee' or 'Wookie Woogy Woogums'...okay, I made that last one up but I've heard someone call their dog that before. Yes, I put those daisies on her head for the picture. Be afraid, be very afraid.

No comments: