Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's The Little Things


Another update on my butterfly pic. Y'know, I was more worried about how the butterfly would turn out when really what I should've been worried about was how I was going to get backlit shadows on a hot pink sunlit flower. Gramatically correct? I don't think so. This is one reason why pink is definitely not my favorite colour. Alas, it is what it is and while I was ready to give up yesterday and just start something else I just told myself to push through with it. In the end even if I'm not totally happy with the final outcome at least I'll have learned something...quit doing pink flowers.

This is another backdated update since I've really done more on it than this. Maybe tomorrow I'll update with two, count 'em, two pics. We'll see how cheeky I'm feeling.

I'm still set on entering two pieces into this show but as of yet I'm still not done my first piece. I've picked out a reference flower picture that I think I can whip out in a decent amount of time and have it look good. I won't be documenting that one since time is of the essence and, clearly, I like to leave things to that last minute.

I need to go shopping today, buying toiletries and such (I know you're interested) and I also need to get some horsey stuff and some frames for these pictures. I didn't get a flyer from Michael's this week. No sales? I may need to wait until next week to get my frames. Leaving it to the last minute...again.

No comments: