Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Cough. Ack. Patooie!

Hi folks!

Sorry for the delay in updating. I've been sick the past few days and when my throat wasn't bothering me my body was aching and it felt like there was a troupe of dwarves performing a rendition of 'Riverdance' on my brain.

Good times, good times.


So below is part 3 of the yet un-named equine piece:


Still untitled and I'm open to suggestions...
Coloured pencil on Colourfix


I'm having quite a bit of fun with this one since, as I mentioned previously, it's been awhile since I worked on colourfix and to be able to whip out the yellows, oranges, hot pinks and purples at this time of year is always a treat! It's also been a good long while since I've done an equine piece and this particular one is just the thing I need to get back into it.
Oh, and here's part 4:

Really... suggestions for a title??


My apologies for the slight blurriness of this one but Gizmo, aka- the Thunderbolt Kitten, was milling about the desk and was knocking my pencils off and subsequently attacking them and carrying each one off to its imminent demise. If it were a mouse I wouldn't care but when the pencils go for about $2 a pop you better believe that the only demise they'll be meeting is from the wrath of my pencil sharpener.


So there's the update for now. I've had about 3 tablespoons of Buckley's, played with the dogs out in the snow (or "Snowmageddon" as one Kingston radio station referred to it), ate a piece of cheesecake and am now feeling significantly better and that my sickness is just about over. I'll have another update this weekend and perhaps even a rant over some of the idiotic things I've seen on the roadways as of late. After all, who doesn't love a good rant?

Until next time...   :)


2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

love the colours and the floofy mane :D

hubby wants buckley's, no idea why blagh :/ he thinks he could sell it here lol

Rita said...

Thanks Jennifer!

I'm sure Buckley's would do well there. Surely it would make a nice accompaniment to haggis. :p