Saturday, July 05, 2008

Oh those artsy- fartsy Dutch people

"Beyond Black & White VI" ACEO
Copyright Rita Woodburne


The other day I picked up my art from Greystones in Bon Echo and I must admit that I’m glad to have “the kids” home... my studio walls look full again. It was also nice to travel up there and stoke those fires for getting excited about the Bon Echo show which is coming up in less than 3 weeks!

Since I’ve been on hiatus for the past while I’ve been working more on my van Gogh project and I’ve also incorporated another artist into the mix for my studies. As I mentioned at the beginning of the year in my Plans for 2008 I was hoping to study 2 Masters this year making them 2 separate projects. However, if you’ve been following along in my adventures in art, you’ll know that I decided to extend the van Gogh project throughout the remainder of this year and I’ve also decided that I’m going to study my second Master in conjunction with van Gogh. The other artist I’ve decided to study is Vermeer, yet another Dutchman with a rather colourful family history. Although I’m not going to touch on this until next week or the week after (‘cause there’s a whole lot of information to cover) I just want to give you a heads up and let you know that I haven’t forgotten about my project. Heaven forbid!

If you want to get a head start on reading up about Vermeer here are some links you may find interesting and if you really don’t feel like reading at least you can look at and drool over his art:

Wikipedia's info on Vermeer


Essential Vermeer

WebMuseum info on Vermeer


Until next week, keep on art-ing!

PS- I also have some very exciting news to share with you next week... but you’ll have to wait until then to find out what it is! ;)

No comments: