Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thwarted... by my spine.

"Beyond Black & White II" ACEO
(sorry about the crummy pic)
Copyright Rita Woodburne



What was the title of my last post? “I’m Back!”?

Yeah... it should’ve read “Oh, my back!!” I’ve been KO’d by a back problem that hit me the day before the Lilac Tea, which I was unable to attend because I decided spending the afternoon in the ER at the hospital would be soooo much more fun... not.

I’m still not functioning properly but I’ve gotten a lot better since it hit me. The physiotherapist says I’m a “fast-healer” which is good (at least that’s what I’m assuming) and figures it’ll be another 2 weeks before I can walk and sit with little difficulty. So please, until then refrain from inviting me to go swing-dancing... ‘cause it ain’t happening.

On the plus side it hasn’t hindered me from working on art and I’ve gotten a few projects out of the way and some more ACEO’s done so it turns out there is a silver lining, albeit a small one, to being gimped up for the past 3 ½ weeks.

"Vantage Point" ACEO
Copyright Rita Woodburne


Also, much to my amusement I’m pretty sure the cats think I’m one of them now. I came to this conclusion as I had adopted the lifestyle of spending most of the day lying around only to get up to get something to eat, go to the bathroom and bathe. I also came to this conclusion because of their incessant meowing at me in an attempt to communicate their displeasure at me taking up their sleeping space. That’s changed now, of course, since I’m much more mobile than I was even just a few days ago.

Although it’ll be awhile longer before I resume regular posting you can rest assured, dear reader, that regular posting will indeed return eventually.... think of all the art and gardening I have to catch up on. So if you’ve e-mailed me recently and I still haven’t gotten back to you this post is also to let you know that you’ll be hearing (or is it reading??) from me later this week since I can now sit long enough to work on the computer a bit.


Last but certainly not least, I wanted to give my sincere thanks to those who’ve called, e-mailed and stopped by to wish me well and for a fast recovery because it seems like all the good thoughts are working! Keep ‘em coming... if you wouldn’t mind! ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... get better fast!

And I love those blues in the giraffe. They go really well with the brown and green. <3

Ann said...

Oh Rita, I have been concerned about your absence and am so sorry to hear of the cause! I do hope you are back to dancing soon ;) but don't rush your recovery too much. We will all be here when you are ready to share more of your art and wise words with us. Love the ACEOs!

Unknown said...

Oh I love the little guy in Vantage Point. Wonderful!

Lisa B. said...

Rita, the giraffe is wonderful. I love the touch of blue in the shadow.

I'm so sorry you missed the tea. Take good care of your back, and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Regina said...

Love the giraffe!
Sorry to hear of your back woes. I've been dealing with a tempermental back for several years. Just have to slow down when necessary and take care of yourself.
May you heal up quickly!

Rita said...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone...and the compliments on my art doesn't hurt either! :D

I really appreciate it and all the good thoughts really are helping my recovery. Now I have to go and catch up on everyone's blogs and what they've been up to, not to mention get inspired for more artwork! :)