Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's Finally Here!!

Hi there, dear reader. That's right, Spring is finally here!

Yesterday I packed myself up and headed into town to get groceries and, more importantly, some supplies I needed for seed starting. Since I've picked up those supplies you know what that means? Starting late next week or the week after I'll be starting my gardening posts again for the upcoming planting season. This year should be interesting (especially since I've vowed to thwart those potato beetles even if it kills me) and I promise I'll try to find more recipies that involve chocolate and vegetables.

"3 Sunbathers" WIP- Part 1
5x7, coloured pencil on Mi-Teintes
Copyright Rita Woodburne

Also, with the end of March approaching I'd like to exercise my right to "wiggle room" as outlined in my plan for 2008.

The Van Gogh project was supposed to be wrapped up at the end of this month and, much to my surprise and delight, it's taken me in directions that I wasn't quite expecting and as a result I've decided to turn this into a year long project. I'd hate to feel like I have to force myself to wrap this project up, as well as posts sharing my progress and learning, and with that in mind I intend to keep posting on the subject and continuing with my study/ research. Who knows where it'll take me....


You'll also notice the picture above. It's a WIP I started from my own reference pic that I took last summer. I've always loved daisies and I like works with unusual perspectives. I took this ref, and several others, as I was lying on the ground looking up.

I'm also doing this one to test out a new approach I'd like to take to working in conjunction with the VG project. I won't go into too much detail right now since I'd like to do another VG post this week-end and would like to save the details for that post.

So here's where I'm leaving it. Stay tuned for more, won't you?

"3 Sunbathers" WIP- Part 2
5x7, coloured pencil on Mi-Teintes
Copyright Rita Woodburne


PS- Have a fantastic Easter long week-end!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely, delicate piece. I hope you are proud! - Barbara

Lisa B. said...

Good for you for not rushing the Van Gogh project, and I'm very curious as to what Van Gogh and daisies have in common, other than the obvious.

On second thought, maybe he's pushing up tulips?

Rita said...

Barbara- Thanks for the compliments and for stopping by! :)

Lisa- lol, "pushing up tulips"!! It's quite possible, isn't it...it would certainly be more appropriate than daisies. :D