Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year's Eve!

"Eye of the Beholder" ACEO can be bid on here.
Copyright Rita Woodburne


Hello there dear reader! Tomorrow I'll be posting my goals list for 2008 because 1- it will finally be the New Year and 2- apparently there's a doozy of a snow storm heading our way and what better way to spend a snow day than by blogging about plans for the New Year?

Today I'd like to go all "Oscar award speech" on you and take some time out to say my thank-you's for 2007. First and foremost I'd like to thank regular readers for coming back time and time again to find out what's happening in my little corner of the universe. Second, I'd like to thank new readers for being curious enough to stick around and find out what the heck goes on on this blog. This blog is all good fun for me and the fact that people seem to get some enjoyment in reading about my trials, tribulations and embarrassments makes me smile, and that's always a good thing.

I'd like to list individually all the people who have been a great influence and inspiration to me over the past year but unfortunately I don't have the time to go through every single person. Some of these people have blogs of their own (a few of them can be found on the list to the right there... go ahead and check them out, you won't be disappointed) and other folks are friends and family who have just been supportive (aka- tolerant) of my adventures in art. Without all these people I couldn't have come as far as I did this year both artistically and professionally and for that I am extremely grateful.

I must admit that I have a strangely optimistic feeling about 2008 and I really hope I'm right about it and that it's not just my usual blind optimism that's leading me on. Change is afoot and I'm getting the feeling that it's all for the better.

Have a spectacular New Year's Eve and bid a fond farewell to 2007 as a brand new year begins!

No comments: