Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wookie Woogums...done!

"Mustang 5- Young & Restless" ACEO can be bid on here.
Copyright Rita Woodburne


Hello there dear reader!
So today I'm posting the finished commissioned piece "Otis". Before I do that I'll post where I left off which was, as is my habit, the point where I start waffling about the background:


And now for the final piece (pardon my cropping of the picture):

"Otis"- Private Collection
Copyright Rita Woodburne


So there it is. I opted for a grey bg to keep it simple. This little guy already has a lot going on in his coat and on his face so I think a bg with colour in it, any colour, would've been too much to look at. Even though I'm calling this one done, until I actually give it to the client I'm reserving the right to tweak some more things should I feel so inclined.

There are a few things that, if I were to do this one over again, I would change. First being that I would've liked to have his body in a different position. This is more for the sake of including all 4 of his feet or to have just the two front feet showing. The second thing I would've changed would be having his face at a different angle. The markings on his nose make his face look somewhat skewed in terms of proportion. This won't be an issue with the client because it's her dog and she knows what he looks like, etc. and I know what he looks like as well, but for someone just looking "as is" it may not be obvious.

So there you have it. I have another WIP already on the go but I'm going to try posting it in a different format...just 'cause I can. :D

I'll be back on Friday with some tom-foolery and more ACEO's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job. Perfect choice for the background. The shadow is very well done and grounds the dog nicely, so that his pose looks natural. I can see how it'd be hard to do, though!

Rita said...

Thanks Meg! I don't normally have to cobble commissions together since folks usually have at least one photo that just rocks, but in this case it wasn't so. I was taking a gamble with including the shadow but I'm happy with the way it turned out. :)