Friday, March 16, 2007

Is It Time For A Storm?

"Liddledoggie", 4x5 coloured pencil on Colourfix.
Copyright Rita Woodburne.

Happy Friday dear reader! The above picture is a small study I did of my dog Rosebud's favorite toy: Liddledoggie. This squeaky stuffed animal (maybe about 3 inches tall and wide) has attained valued status with Rosebud as she will hunt high and low to find this toy and if she can't find it, ie-we hid it on her, she becomes quite upset. Perhaps it's because Liddledoggie only has one ear as a result of her ripping the other one off a few years ago...how VanGogh-ish. Anyway, Liddledoggie made a fine model and I loved using that green.

I must move onto more pressing matters, that being the weather and time. Later today, after having a very Spring-like week, we folks here in Southern Ontario are getting ready for one last fart in the face from Old Man Winter. I woke up this morning and checked the weather forecast only to find out that there's a snowfall warning. Approximately 15-25 centimeters worth of snow is getting ready to be dumped on us. March can be so tempermental, can't it? On the flip side of this is that by early next week the temps will be right back up there and, as per Spring protocol, the ground will return to it's ridiculously sloppy state.
As for the second topic, time. Never before has "springing forward" caused me so much frustration. Normally what happens is that my eating habits get buggered up for about 2 days and then I settle in nicely to the newly attained daylight hour. Quite the contrary this year. Not only are my eating habits still screwed up but I'm just behind on everything in general and I'm having trouble waking up in the morning! Considering that I'm a morning person this is causing me quite a bit of grief. All I can say is that I want my hour back.

At any rate both the time and weather are out of my hands so I'm just going to have to live with it...but that doesn't mean I can't complain about it.

Also, being half-Irish I must wish you all a fond St.Patrick's Day with much merriment and consumption of green food and beverage...and maybe some corned beef just for colour. To my brother, who may or may not be reading this (maybe he's drunk already), have a Happy Birthday tomorrow!!

No comments: