Friday, February 23, 2007

An Efficient Side-Effect

"Into the Wind" ACEO can be bid on here.

So it's Friday and as promised I will be posting an updated list of the VanGogh project participants. Before we get to that in keeping with the light mood of a Friday afternoon I thought I'd share with you some interesting news tidbits from across the globe (don't worry, this time it doesn't involve an artist consuming their own fat.)
My first piece of news comes from China where a food eating contest was held, I'm not sure if it was Guinness World Record related, and the winning participant consumed a whopping 20 lbs. of food in under an hour! Now I don't know about you, dear reader, but I feel pretty full after a baked potato and 8 oz. steak, never mind eating 20 lbs. worth of various food items. I also imagine that as you're reading this you're picturing the winning participant as some earth shatteringly huge mass of flesh. Alas, they are not. Turns out the winner was a 21 year old 5' 4" female weighing in at 95 lbs. Basically what that boils down to is that as a result of her triumphant victory that poor girl will be spending a good long while in the bathroom.

My other piece of news comes from the lovely country of Australia where it seems that a pharmaceutical company either needs to conduct further studies on their medication or simply revise their "Side effects may include..." warning. The drug in question is a sleeping pill that has been in distribution for the past 7 years or so. However, as of late the company has been receiving numerous reports regarding certain side-effects that folks have been experiencing. Some of the reports included one woman complaining that she gained 51 lbs over a 7 month period because while she was sleeping apparently she was binge eating. Another person complained (and legitimately so) that they actually drove their vehicle and got pulled over by the police. Another person complained that they woke up to find their house had been re-painted.
Now I don't know that I'd be complaining about that last one because, really, how many people are that efficient when sleep-walking? I wonder if Britney Spears has been using this medication, that would explain the coif she's sporting as of late.

At any rate I'm now going to post the participants for the VanGogh project. Again, if you're participating and want to be added to the list just let me know and you'll be added. It's really that easy.

Wendy Prior
Katherine Tyrell
Maggie Stiefvater
Nicole Caulfield
Gayle Mason
Casey Klahn
Robyn
Lisa Bachman
Rose Welty

So that's it for Friday, dear reader. Stay tuned for my next post!

No comments: