Thursday, January 04, 2007

Heeeeere's...winter?

Hello dear reader. I apologize for not posting yesterday but Blogger and I are at odds again, as it were. The Friesian stallion can be bid on here and the Arab stallion can be bid on here.

The title for this little diddy is "Plums in the Bay" (I apologize for the quality of the picture). It was a still life I set up of two lonely little plums I had left over from Holiday festivities sitting together in the bay window at the front of my house. Clearly I need to paint the sill of the window, however, home maintenance is not my forte.
This piece measures in at 4x5 inches and has been done with Prisma's (my weapon of choice) on Colourfix paper (my victim). Loosening up is the name of the game for this one and an excuse to use some of the lesser utilized purples in my ever growing stash of coloured pencils. It was also an exercise in speed because I started this one about and hour and a half prior to "Evening Chore" time and I didn't want to have to come back to it after dinner and finish it off. So, given the time frame I was making myself work in I'm pleased with the effort.

So what's with the title for this post? Now, before all you summer lovers attack me, hear me out on this. I live in Ontario. It's January 4th. There's usually snow on the ground and the daytime temperature should be hovering at about -4 celsius. Instead the scenario is this: I live in Ontario. It's January 4th. It's sunny, no snow in sight and 9 celsius.
So what's wrong with that, you ask? Well, while I must admit that I'm enjoying the weather, it's making outdoor chores much more tolerable, I feel uneasy about said weather. Even you summer people have to admit...something's not quite right about this. Think about it. I'll chat with you tomorrow, dear reader, unless I decide to re-open the pool and take a dip to cool off.

No comments: