Thursday, August 31, 2006

Who's here?

Hello dear reader, as I promised I have returned to normal activity (or as normal as it gets around here) and will be updating again on a more regular basis.
So what's been happening? Well, I have another outdoor art fair this week-end and, right on cue, hurricane season is in full swing with Ernesto heading this way for, you guessed it, the week-end. Sometimes I genuinely believe that Mother Nature hates me, this is one of those times.
Hopefully the inclement weather will be relegated to a few showers here and there as well as windy conditions but knowing my luck it'll be a torrential downpour and gale force winds. I'll be sure to report back on how the week-end unfolds.

On tuesday I had an interview with a local tv station for a new arts program they're starting which was odd/ exciting. I'm unaccustomed to talking to cameras and bright lights but I was told I did well so we'll just have to wait and see what their definition of "well" is. All I know is that I said "um" a lot which is a bad habit of mine should you ever get the chance to converse with me.

I've also been busy creating more art. Why haven't I posted any here today? Well, I figured that I'd save the fun for next week when maybe I can share something that sells this week-end (being too optimistic maybe??) or just in the spirit of the new school year just plain ole' "starting fresh" next week. It seems the prudent thing to do.

On another note some folks may have heard that one Mr.Thomas Kinkade, Painter of Light, is being investigated by the FBI. I find this amusing on so many levels but the most entertaining part after reading the article online in the LA Times was the bottom of the ad where the 'Ads by Google' are located. The first ad? Why you too can invest in a Thomas Kinkade franchise as a "great opportunity". People probably felt the same way about Enron.

Until next week...

No comments: