Saturday, March 06, 2010

There's the door, Winter.

I'll be honest, I'd really rather be outside right now but before I give into temptation I just wanted to post a quick update on the ACEO I had on the go. Here it is:

"Daybreak" ACEO
Coloured pencil on Mi-Teintes
Copyright Rita Woodburne


It was fun to break out the yellows and oranges again, and this little work rekindled my love of flowers as subject matter. Not that I ever really despised doing them, but (and I'm sure you other artists out there would agree), after awhile of doing the same subject matter over and over again you get a little tired. Yes, it's true, even flowers can lose their novelty.

So, on that note, I have done what I set out to do and now I must get outside and indulge in the wonderful weather we're having.

Dare I say it? Is Spring actually upon us?

2 comments:

Ann said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous!

Rita said...

Thanks Ann! :)

I'm trying to wish some of our warm weather your way.