Friday, November 09, 2007

Slow News Day

"Peaceful" ACEO can be bid on here.
Copyright Rita Woodburne


Greetings and salutations dear reader!

So it's Friday and here I had another edition of 'Revelations from the Drawing Board' that I was all ready to post and then I found an article that seemed perhaps not funnier, but certainly more ridiculous which is why I felt the need to post it. You can find out what the heck I'm talking about here.

I don't know what disturbs me more, the visual of a cat and mouse getting along and possibly frolicking through a meadow together or that some ding-dong forked over thousands, if not millions, of dollars to do this study. What also got me is that above that article there was a link to another article with the riveting caption: "Peanut shells filter copper, Turkish researchers report". Who's funding these guys, and are they on drugs?

I think what gets me about these types of articles is that they explain what happened in the tests but not why they're even doing the research in the first place. If they're doing this to help figure out how to turn off the same receptors in humans I'm going to have to humbly decline any attempt to coerce me into being a guinea pig. I'm sorry, but if I'm out in the woods and there's a bear hiding in the trees that thinks I look like a nice lunch, I want to be able to smell that bear. I dunno, maybe it's just me but I think nature gave us those receptors for a reason.


In other completely inane news there was another article that sported the headline "Rich have it easier than poor". By golly, good thing they informed us of that!

Where's a well written, intruging and thought provoking starlet admitted to rehab (again) article when you need it, hmmm?

No comments: