Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Re-visiting

"Punky" ACEO can be bid on here.
Copyright Rita Woodburne


Today I’m going to re-visit a piece I started awhile back. It’s of a wolf and I’m hoping to get it done by this week-end because next week-end I’m off to another art fair, the Kawartha Arts Festival. I have another wolf piece and I didn’t want it to be lonely up on my display panel so I figured this piece would be the perfect accompaniment!

When I last left it I was at this stage:


I had meant to take some more WIP pics of it but forgot so this is the point I’m at now:



Here are some close-ups of the mouth and eye:



I’ve stuck to a fairly simple palette of Black Grape, Black Cherry, White, Black, Indigo, Beige Sienna, Henna, Cool Grey 10% & 20% and Nectar. I suspect that when I get closer to completion I’ll throw in some other contrasting colours just for variety.
This is very much open to comments and crits and if anyone out there has any suggestions for the background I’d love to hear them because, quite frankly, I’m at a loss.

That’s all for today and I’ll be back on Friday for another gardening post. Until then, take care and keep on art-ing!

No comments: