See? I knew I wouldn’t be able to help myself, I just had to post something. The sketch below was done in a fit of about 10 minutes (plus about 5 minutes of throwing on colour for fun) after having spent about 4 hours straight working on meticulous painting touch-ups to my studio sign. I needed to scribble.
really sign off for the rest of the week I have a few more 'Revelations From the Drawing Board' that I’d like to share:
- you will run out of propane the night that you invite friends and their hungry children over for a BBQ (and you'll probably run out of “propane accessories” as well, a la King of the Hill).
- using a coloured pencil in a colour such as Raspberry Red for a back scratcher is not a good idea, especially when wearing light coloured clothing.
- the guys from ZZ Top aren’t very fussy about the women they’d date. Listen to the songs “She’s Got Legs” or “Tush”, all they basically want is a woman with a hiney that is capable of being mobile while upright.
- taking any type of allergy medication (or any medication for that matter) that lists both “sleepiness” and “agitation” as side effects is a bad idea.
Finally, with the planning of my upcoming Open Studio and all the wonderful excitement and stress that comes with it:
- no matter how much you plan and prepare and come up with an effective Plan A, B, C and D, when things don’t go as planned just shake it off and keep on truckin’.