Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Apologies

I'm sorry for my absence yesterday, dear reader, as I'm sure you were just itching to find out more about my ACEO WIP. I'll save you the excuses and we'll just get right to looking at the art. Here's stage four...where my odd occurence happened:


Now I know it doesn't look overly odd (or maybe it does and some of you are saying : "What the heck have you done Rita!?") Let me explain...
First I've gone and layered in more colour on the horse, pushing my darks, fiddling around with my lights and throwing colour willy nilly in between. It was after the willy nilly part that an odd thing happened. I got up from the piece to go get my lunch. When I came back, I realized that I had no idea what I was going to do for the background. Normally this wouldn't be a big problem and I'd continue on my merry way and worry about the background after the subject was done. What happened this time was that I realized that I couldn't finish the piece without the background...which, for me, is quite an odd quandry to be in.
So, I mulled my dilema over a peanut butter and jam sandwich and decided that I would start on the background and finish the both the background and horse at the same time! I know, I'm such a wild card...
Anyway, I followed through with my plan and, after a few moments of indecision over what colours to use in the background, I finished it and came up with a final ACEO that looks like this:


So that's it for this ACEO. I can't see any tweaking that I need to do and I got to work the entire piece which is something I normally only do with larger works. It was fun, I like this one and while it's always tempting to keep these for myself this one will be up for auction on my eBay tomorrow night.

I hope you enjoyed following me along with these two ACEO's. I'll be back next month, dear reader...you know, Monday! ;)

No comments: